Yoga for Heart to Heart Relationships
1st Saturdays, 10:00-11:30
A series of Saturday Sessions
with Doug Lowe (in English)
Plan for: March 7, April 4, May 2
Bring your partner or friend!
Join me in this on-going series of self-discovery as I share how to evolve your relationships with others through learning powerful ancient practices, and how to apply them in modern life with examples, discussion & practice.
A transforming & unique experience
A Few of the Topics Covered:
- Ishvara-Pranidhana – the yoga of letting go, seeking and setting intentions
- Ahimsa – a yogic awareness of “non-harming” in our interactions
- Satya – the yoga of speaking our “truth” and receiving the “truth” of another
- Santosha – a yoga practice for acceptance, gratitude and respect
- Harmonic Balance – the yoga of harmonious awareness in interactions
- Saucha – using asana and pranayama practice for focus, cleansing and progress
Pre-registration is Required
Plan for: March 7, April 4 and May 2, 2015
Cost: €15, 1x Klassen mit Block. Teachers, Members or Brahma Pass – free
Location: JaYOGA Studio, read more and register at: ja-yoga.com
More Information on this series:
The idea of Creating Harmonic Relationships is about amplifying the effect of what you think, say and do in order to strengthen your relationships with others. A harmonic of a wave is a component frequency of the signal that is an integer multiple of the fundamental frequency, so what we explore in this series are practices that strengthen the heart-to-heart connections between friends, family and loved ones. If we become consciously aware of the ways in which we unconsciously weaken or “deharmonize” our relationships through our current habits and quirks of character, we can then learn to acquire new ways of interacting that build trust and inspire others to open and come closer.
Within the ancient science of yoga there is much wisdom about how to live a joyful life and one filled with beautiful experiences. In this series, we uncover and explore some of this wisdom by looking at it in a modern day context. Each session will focus on particular ways in which our societal and cultural conditioning tend to reinforce separation instead of unity. We look at our typical ways of interacting with others when we are hurt or unaware that something is disturbing us, and how the simple but powerful knowledge and practices can elevate and evolve our awareness to create harmonic relationships. We also look at how to strengthen your yoga practices of movement, breath and stillness with affirmations and intentions of creating new habits for yourself.
- March 7: The Art of Letting Go. “Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff”
- April 4: The Science of Thought and Speech. “HOW: Honesty, Openness, Willingness”
- May 2: The Power of the Heart. “Building trust into every connection”